Release-version in UserAgent?

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Mon Nov 29 10:56:47 GMT 2004

Le Samedi 27 Novembre 2004 22:43, Allan Sandfeld Jensen a écrit :
> I suggest that for 3.3.2 or 3.4, we do like the other browsers and insert
> rendering-engine/version:

BTW, I'd very much like to see this in 3.3.2 if possible, because:

- it makes clear for uninformed people reading http logs that KHTML is a full
blown, versioned rendering engine - not just a monolithic black box tied with
a specific application
- not even speaking about features, it makes possible for web developers to
_remove_ a specific hack whenever a bug is fixed in a sub-release.

I know at least one DHTML script that was broken _because_ we are not
obviously versioned (remember the Milonic "page goes blank after loading"
script? well, even if it's mostly fixed now, the menus are still borked
specifically for us because of this great piece of coding:
konq=(navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Konqueror")!=-1)?true:false).

Greetings,
Germain