Release-version in UserAgent?

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Sun Nov 28 21:58:07 GMT 2004

On Sunday 28 November 2004 04:49, Sashmit Bhaduri wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 23:43:16 +0100, Allan Sandfeld Jensen
>
> <kde at carewolf.com> wrote:
> > For KDE 3.4 or KDE 4 I would suggest doing an Opera and skip the obsolete
> > Mozilla compatible this and that.
>
> Are you certain that Opera does this? I'd be suprised consdering how
> many websites that'd break.

Yes, for instance the UA string for Opera 7.50 is
Opera 7.50 (X11; Linux i686; U) [en]

That's why I dare call it obsolote. If I remember correctly IE originally
started using "Mozilla/" back when added table or frame support and only
Netscape had had it before. I don't think it breaks anything anymore.

`Allan