How to oblige Konqueror to open a file with khtml ?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Nov 16 13:14:41 GMT 2004

On Monday 15 November 2004 21:40, Adrien Cordonnier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to know how to oblige Konqueror to open a file using khtml.
> I have php files with text/html content and even if I open the file with web browser
> profile, Konqueror displays the code.

Configure Konqueror / File Associations, type php, select the PHP mimetype
on the left, and then:
* in the first tab, make sure Konqueror is there, and on top of the list
* in the second tab, make sure KHTML is there, and on top of the list
Untested, but should work (TM) :)

> Maybe this question could be added to the FAQ as the following common question
> I have found when searching the web for the answer: "how to start Konqueror
> as a web browser/files manager?".

Wrong question, since starting from it from the menu does just that. The question
is "how to associate it with a new mimetype".