KDE Thai Word Break patch

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Sat Nov 13 14:18:34 GMT 2004

Am Samstag 13 November 2004 14:09 schrieb Germain Garand:
> Le Samedi 13 Novembre 2004 11:56, Thiago Macieira a écrit :
> > Unfortunately, dlopening libraries is not portable.
>
> So? The point here is to have the *KLibLoader* lookup work accross
> platforms that obviously do support this kind of functionality. Is that
> misleading or what?
yes, it's misleading. But as matter of point you can only dlopen DSOs -
and most ELF platforms libraries are DSOs. But to be portable you would
need to write a module that links against the library - even if it's just one
function in that .so

If I'm not mistaken, Darwin is such a platform that does not allow that.

Greetings, Stephan