Moving Layers

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Fri Nov 12 09:12:10 GMT 2004

Am Thursday 11 November 2004 23:00 schrieb Dik Takken:

> Hello,
>
> Some sites use moving <div> layers to create a scrolling effect. These
> sites tend to put *very* heavy load on my box. Try this one:
>
> http://www.virginradio.co.uk/thestation/listen/streams.html
>
> It looks like the entire page is redrawn whenever the <div> moves a bit.
> Can anyone verify?
http://bugs.kde.org/53114 is NEW - it's a quite ugly problem as more and
more pages do that crap (as it works in all other browers just fine) - including
one of my daily visited sites ;(.

But the gtk-webcore shares the behaviour, so I assume safari does too.
There is indeed no relayouting, but too much painting going on.

Greetings, Stephan