CSS3 box-sizing property (resend with smaller patch).

Bert Bos bert at w3.org
Mon Nov 8 13:25:20 GMT 2004

On Saturday 06 November 2004 16:04, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> On Friday 05 November 2004 17:34, Bert Bos wrote:

> > But please don't call it 'box-sizing' until the property has
> > "Candidate Recommendation" status in W3C. You'll only confuse
> > people (and you won't be conformant to CSS 2.1). Call it
> > '-moz-box-sizing', if Mozilla is OK with that, or
> > '-khtml-box-sizing'.
>
> AFAIK already has "Candidate Recommendation" (since May).
> See http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-css3-ui-20040511

You're right. My mistake :-(

So, yes, please *do* call it 'box-sizing'.

That also means that the chance of it staying in CSS3 is much higher
than 50%: it'll stay if we find two implementations that pass the tests
for it. (We don't have a test suite yet, but that'll come.)

Bert
  bert at w3.org                             2004 Rt des Lucioles / BP 93
  +33 (0)4 93 65 76 92            06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France