Question: time-scale of impl. CSS/XSLT client side

David Holroyd dave at badgers-in-foil.co.uk
Fri Nov 5 12:10:53 GMT 2004

At 2004-11-04 7:26:13, Zack Rusin wrote:
On Wednesday 03 November 2004 21:41, Frans Englich wrote:
> > When I visit:
> >
> > http://www.badgers-in-foil.co.uk/projects/docbook-css/LDP-Author-Guide/ldp-author-guide-concat.xml
> >
> > with Firefox it is rendered, while Konqueror asks for it to be saved.
>
> Completely unrelated. Check what the document is being served as to
> understand the problem. Save it locally with stylesheets to see that in
> fact Konqueror's rendering is more correct than Firefox's (0.9.3) which
> has obvious errors (e.g. look for links)

Is there something wrong with the server config?  I just checked the
MIME type, which looks ok:

  dave at castle:~$ curl -s --head http://www.badgers-in-foil.co.uk/projects/docbook-css/LDP-Author-Guide/ldp-author-guide-concat.xml | grep Content-Type

Are you referring to the missing DOCTYPE in the XML itself?

I just installed Konqueror 3.2.2 from Debian/testing.  I'm not
seeing a great difference in the rendering of links, except that
Konqueror seems to be removing whitespace before and after inline
elements, which Firefox and Opera don't do.

Is there anything I should be doing to make the CSS work better with
Konqueror?

ta,
dave