[ANNOUNCE] Spring loading folder behaviour (bad news inside)

James Marsh james at snoopy.freeserve.co.uk
Fri May 28 20:34:46 BST 2004

Spring loaded folders sound very useful, but is the "Apple way" of
doing it more complex than necessary, and would an alternative method
that avoided multiple temporary windows not be better anyway?

All we need is something similar to the "Copy To >" menu popping up.

If you hover over a folder, display a borderless tooltip-like window
that shows an initially collapsed folder-tree of directories
descending from the folder. The entries in this view could expand as
you subsequently hover over sub-directories. Letting go of the mouse
could then copy to that directory.

Or have I missed the point of the spring loaded folders?

Regards,
James.