Fwd: patch to increase the number of icon sizes.

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Fri May 28 10:08:18 BST 2004

We have been discussing on kde-usability on adding more icon sizes available in
the icon views.
I made a (crude) patch to try it out, and in the end, I think we agreed that the
following behaviour woud be an improvement over the current one:

> I'll try to do another version of the patch this weekend.
> I propose the following sizes:
> 16   22* 32 48 64 128* (The new sizes are marked with an asterisk.)
>
> for now, I'll use the following names. Feel free to propose better ones.
>
> "Tiny"$ "Small"* "Medium" "Large" "Very Large"$ "Huge"* (The names marked
> with $ are new. The names marked with * have a different meaning.)

I think we are approaching the feature submission freeze, so I am asking now :).
Would a patch to implement the above behaviour be accepted?
I can think of a number of ways in which the icon view modes could be improved,
but this one seem harmless enough, and it has been in my mind for a while.
For the original patch, you can have a look at the thead with this name on
kde-usability.

Thanks for your time,
Luciano