associating mimetypes with ioslaves

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue May 25 16:34:48 BST 2004

On Tuesday 25 May 2004 17:03, salva_ste at tin.it wrote:
> Hi,
> I would only know if there is any plan to implement X-Konq-Redirect as described
> in this comment:
>
>   //////////// Tar/zip files support
>   // The hack-ish and hardcoded way.
>   // Possible cleaner solution: 2 properties in the mimetype definition,
>   // e.g. X-Konq-Redirect-URL set to tar:%f/
>   //  and X-Konq-Redirect-Mimetype set to inode/directory

The problem with that solution is that it requires to put something
in the mimetype definitions themselves - which would become a problem
once we switch to the freedesktop.org mimetype definitions (for kde4).

I guess we should rather configure this in the ioslave's .protocol file.
But then Konqueror would need to collect information from all
protocols (e.g. once on startup)... Even if it's done only once, it's still
going to mean loading all protocols (I have 64 of them here...) from
ksycoca, so this might make the startup a bit slower :(

Another solution would be a KConfig file, but that makes it more difficult
for a third-party ioslave to register itself into it.

> I guess that there is no other way to associate a mimetype with a kioslave.

I can't think of a way either. Out of curiosity, which mimetype do you want
to associate to a kioslave?