key navigation and visible area of the page

Tobias Anton TA at ESC-Electronics.de
Tue May 25 12:09:28 BST 2004

On Montag, 24. Mai 2004 14:01, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 of May 2004 22:13, Tobias Anton wrote:
> > On Dienstag, 18. Mai 2004 10:17, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > >  I would, if you show me that right way. Open the attached page in your
> > > Konqy and press accesskeys 9 or 0 (i.e. Ctrl+Alt+9/0). With
> > > ensureVisible() the results are (in some cases noticeably) worse.
>
>  I've reverted the scrollTo() changes.
Thanks. Now I can go on fixing the scrolling code.

> > If I press Ctrl+Alt+6 (submit), further accesskeys don't work any more at
> > all.
>
>  It's not specific to accesskeys, e.g. PageUp/Dn don't work either. Seems
> to be some focus problem.

A few years ago, I made the khtmlview a focus proxy for its own viewport.
However, this change was reverted again because nobody understood what
problems were supposed to be fixed by it.

I think we should set the htmlview as a focus proxy for the viewport as well
as for every widget in the viewport. After all, the DOM handles the "focused
element" concept for its entire contents. Unfortunately, this doesn't work
well for IFRAMES.

Cheers
-- Tobias