data urls misinterpreted as directories

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Mar 23 07:12:21 GMT 2004

On Monday 22 March 2004 23:35, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Montag 22 März 2004 17:43 schrieb David Faure:
> [...]
> > This is probably due to the trailing slash.
> > Please add this to data.protocol:
> >
> > defaultMimetype=application/octet-stream
> > determineMimetypeFromExtension=false
>
> Thanks, that fixes it.

Actually it wasn't necessary anymore since I fixed KMimeType::findByURL after that mail :)

> Small question: Why does
>
> defaultMimetype=text/plain
>
> not work correctly (i. e. override whatever mime type the data kioslave
> delivers?)
It's only for KMimeType::findByURL, i.e. the mimetype determination that happens
before hand - before starting to download the URL, and to know which application
(from minicli) or which viewer (from konqueror) to use. The above will make sure
that data URLs are always opened in kate/katepart.
I guess "not work correctly" was due to kmimetype, does it work better now?

> Is application/octet-stream a special "weak" mime type that is
> always overridable?
Yes, it means "no idea about the default mimetype before hand,
start downloading the url and you'll see".