Patch: improved offline browsing, rev 2

Tobias Anton TA at ESC-Electronics.de
Wed Mar 10 17:32:06 GMT 2004

On Donnerstag, 4. März 2004 15:03, MG wrote:
> > Do these sites work though if the contents of a requested dynamic url is
> > in the http-cache?
>
> It works for me :-) If the contents behind some URL is marked dynamic with
> some "no-cache" HTTP field, the cache entry is marked as
> should-not-have-been-cached. In non-offline mode this results in a http
> request for such URLs and overwrites the previous contents of the cache
> file.
>
> You question made me look over my changes :-) I found some small things to
> fix and clean up. I attached a new patch.

I'm going to test your patch for a couple of days. After that, I'll give you a
feedback on it. Unfortunately, no KIO maintainer commented on the patch. So
I'd propose that after that testing period you get yourself a CVS account
(contact coolo ät kde punkt org) and commit your changes.

Otherwise I could check that code in for you, but I would have to understand
the whole of it before, in order to obey the KDE commit policy "don't commit
code you don't understand".

Cheers
Tobias