did arena allocations gain the speed ?

Alfons Hoogervorst alfons at proteus.demon.nl
Sat Mar 6 01:55:58 GMT 2004

Lo Miron,

On 04-03-04 (Thu) 19:18 +0300 Miron Kunz wrote:

| I wonder if khtml was speeded up significantly
| with introduction of the arena based allocations
| in rendering/dom code.

Mmmh, maybe this explains the double freeing of allocations I've been
seeing for the last two days, like this one:

(latest CVS, kdelibs/khtml/khtml_part.cpp +402):

  delete d->m_automaticDetection;
  delete d->m_manualDetection;

I've seen several crashes on the line with d->m_automaticDetection (with
d being a zeroed pointer).

Bye.

--
Ecuación algebraico sin solución posible,
a menos de poseer profundos conocimientos