Konqueror Image Oddities

Nils Holland nils at tisys.org
Tue Jun 22 19:22:29 BST 2004

Hi everyone,

well, I've found something that doesn't really look right to me. A quick look
through bugs.kde.org didn't bring up anything helpful (though I may not have
looked hard enough), so I thought I'd report the issue here.

So, I'm running KDE 3.2.3, using QT 3.3.2 on a FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE system.
Everything was complied from sources (FreeBSD ports) myself.

Now have a look at this screenshot (http://srv1.tisys.org/snap/1.png)
screenshot of Konqueror running on my system. When you look at the four
images in the middle of the HTML page that Konqueror currently displays, the
above left image doesn't really look right. In fact, there seems to be a
really large "artifact" right inside of that image, and said artifact seems
to come directly from ... well ... the HTML page I have open in another
Konqueror tab (http://srv1.tisys.org/snap/3.png). Now I can do something: I
can right-click on the "messed up" image and select "View Image" from the
context menu to have said image displayed in an entirely new Konqueror
window. Unluckily, when I do that, the image still looks as weird as before
(http://srv1.tisys.org/snap/2.png). Even if I hit "Reload" in the new window,
it doesn't really get better (http://srv1.tisys.org/snap/4.png).

So, what I've been wondering: Is this a known issue? Or have I run into
something really strange here? Just for the sake of completeness, let me add
that I am using a HTTP proxy in Konqueror - though I don't see how that
should be related to this issue, I thought I'd mention it nevertheless. ;-)

Greetings,
Nils