How to test a Web site by driving Konqueror thru its equivalent of Automation?

Phlip phlipcpp at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 15:57:23 BST 2004

Koos Vriezen wrote:

> #!/usr/bin/env kjscmd
>
> function Slots() {
>     this.pageLoaded = function() {
>          println ("loaded");

part.executeScript('document.forms[0].elements("unickname").value="What\'s
> up Doc?"');
>     }
> }

> part.openURL( "http://slashdot.org" );

Thanks for the sample. But...

<vent>

I can't use it in my book, because it attacks a public
site. Of course all tests are attacks, so a book on
testing is essentially a book on kiddy-hacking all the
generous public Web sites that provide only soft
security, or volunteer clean-up. But I need a sample
that hits a private site, just on principle!

So I want to run kjscmd, right? My Mandrake
installation doesn't happen to have it, and the
install CDs are in Lemon Grove. Then I discover that
www.mandrakeclub.com is ILLEGALLY requiring a credit
card to download RPM files!!!

I could e-mail the guy with the install CDs and ask
for the file, but his spam filter is lame, and he
never gets his regular mail.

</vent>

=====
Phlip