How to test a Web site by driving Konqueror thru its equivalent of Automation?

Phlip phlipcpp at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 20 04:00:32 BST 2004

KDE developers:

This Ruby code drives IE thru ActiveX, to surf to a
Web page on my local server, write on its form, and
click its Save button:

   ie = WIN32OLE.new('InternetExplorer.Application')
   ie.navigate(
     'http://127.0.0.1:8080/WikiTranscludeText')

        while ie.busy
            sleep(0)
        end

        until ie.readyState == READYSTATE_COMPLETE
            sleep(0)
        end

# ie.Visible = true

   formNode = ie.document.forms("files/sample.txt")
        assert_not_nil(formNode)
        inputNode = formNode.namedItem("contents")
        assert_not_nil(inputNode)

   inputNode.setAttribute('value', 'What\'s up Doc?')

        saveButton = formNode.namedItem("Save")
        assert_not_nil(saveButton)
        saveButton.click()

I enjoy Konqueror as a user, but not as a programmer,
so to translate that into the KDE-land equivalent, I'm
in a situation where I don't know what I don't know.

If the KDE equivalent of ActiveX is DCOP, can it be
scripted that easily? How can one get into the DOM
inside a page?

=====
Phlip