When is KHTMLView done with rendering?

Jeroen Wijnhout Jeroen.Wijnhout at kdemail.net
Thu Jun 17 08:45:43 BST 2004

On Thursday 17 June 2004 08:58, Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 June 2004 22:46, Leo Savernik wrote:
> > There's a much easier approach: After each reflow (triggered by a timer
> > during page loading), check whether the targeted element already has a
> > renderer. If it has, we know that it has been laid out and thus the
> > coordinates are known => jump to it.
>
> Ok, and what are the magic commands (i.e. how do I perform the checks,
> which timer etc.). Remember, I'm not familiar with the KHTML code, so some
> pointers would be very welcome :-)

This is what I found: emitting a (newly created) finishedLayout() signal at
the end of void KHTMLView::layout() and connecting this signal to a
gotoAnchor() slot in KHTMLPart, fixes the problem. But I'll have to do some
more testing.

best,
Jeroen

--
Kile - an Integrated LaTeX Environment for KDE
http://kile.sourceforge.net