KSSLInfoDlg usage for java certs

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 7 17:46:04 BST 2004

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 12:14:27PM -0400, George Staikos wrote:
> On Saturday 05 June 2004 09:54, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Attached a patch that makes the certificate dialog for java signed applets
> > more usefull. (eg see BR60180)
> > Now I have a table with certificates and a table with signers. When double
> > clicking on an entry, the KSSLInfoDlg pops up with more details. However
> > there seems to be no way to use this for a chain, is that correct? (it
> > would be quite nice if that was the case because I could remove the signer
> > table).
> > Also, verification of a signed certificate returns invalidCA. The
> > KSSLInfoDlg dialog suggest that there isn't the signer available, but if I
> > can only pass one cert, what does one expect?
>
>   It works perfectly fine with chains.  If cert->chain().isValid() and depth()
> > 1, then it will enable "chain" mode and give you a combobox at the top.
> Just set the chain in the KSSLCertificate.  See also KSSLCertChain.

What I tried was creating these KSSLCertificate (cert and signer in BR60180
link), put these in a QPtrList and make a KSSLCertChain with setChain but then
I can't do anything (eg. KSSLCertificate::setChain (KSSLCertChain::rawChain)
fails because the protected access)
So how should I set the chain?

Koos