Last step for accesskeys...

bj at altern.org bj at altern.org
Thu Jul 29 21:13:01 BST 2004

On Wednesday 28 July 2004 15.12, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

> > They stay for 5 seconds or less if you press a key inbetween...
> They should stay for the same period as type-ahead.

Access Keys are partly designed for people who have problems using a mouse.
These people frequently have problems controlling their movements, and cannot
type fast on their keyboard. That's why I set an initial delay of 5 seconds &
I don't feel comfortable to reduce the delay to 3 seconds, as it is for
type-agead.
If you still feel it's important to have the same delay for these 2 features,
I would rather like to have it discussed on the accessibility mailing list.

jean-baptiste