Last step for accesskeys...

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Jul 29 14:08:23 BST 2004

On Wednesday 28 of July 2004 11:54, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 of July 2004 13:35, bj at altern.org wrote:
> > Otherwise, it now works with Numlock or scrolllock,...
> > It now also works if the accesskey is a Caps.
> >
> > I changed the accesskeys popup display to disappear when ctrl is pressed
> > again.
> >
> > Let me know...
>
>  Seems to work fine. Now we need somebody bored enough to make some WWW
> pages actually use it :-/.

 There's one more things I'd like to change. When I initially implemented
accesskeys using the Ctrl+Alt+? way of triggering, I wrote the key events
handling so that if the keypress is not handled by accesskey handling, it's
processed normally. But now that there's a special mode for accesskeys, it'd
probably make more sense to simply ignore keys that don't have any accesskey
instead of forwarding them normally to the HTML page. See attached patch. Ok
to commit?

 The main reason I actually want this is because I have an experimental patch
that tries to match space, backspace and enter accesskeys to next, previous
and submit links/buttons/whatever. If there's no matching element, processing
space or enter normally doesn't seem to be a very good idea.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org