Last step for accesskeys...

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Jul 28 08:51:15 BST 2004

On Wednesday 28 of July 2004 03:24, bj at altern.org wrote:
> I just committed a fix that makes accesskeys work also with sticky keys
> (with some help from Olaf & Gunnar).
> Basically, you need to press & release the ctrl key, then press the
> accesskey. If sticky keys are enabled, you need to press ctrl twice (to
> "unstick" it), then press the accesskey.

 It can be actually even three times if sticky keys are configured to lock,
but that seems to work as well. It however ceases to work if you turn NumLock
on. KApplication::keyboardModifiers() includes the NumLock state (David and
Michael Matz apparently weren't aware of the certain idiotic details of X's
modifiers handling).

 Can you explain why exactly is that call needed? The event's state() or
stateAfter() should give you the same information, without this problem.

> Now, i would like to commit my last change to the accesskeys system, that
> displays all accesskeys in small tooltips. I finally decided to activate it
> as soon as the ctrl key is released, since it is the not very intrusive &
> much easier for users with sticky keys.
> I think this patch is quite necessary to have a working accesskey
> implementation since Konqueror currently doesn't show accesskeys in any
> way. It also makes it really easy  to check if a web page has accesskeys.
>
> If there is no opposition, I will commit at the end of the week.

 When I press Ctrl twice it still keeps the accesskeys activated. It'd be nice
if the second press would turn it off again instead of me having to press Esc
or wait, if this is supposed to be not very intrusive.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org