What if a html page uses a iframe for images?

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Tue Jul 27 21:26:19 BST 2004

On Tuesday 27 July 2004 08:07, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >From a dutch trafic site this link
>
> http://www.anwb.nl/servlet/Satellite?pagename=OpenMarket/ANWB_verkeer
>/PopupVerkeerStreams&camera=everdingen This page has an iframe for
> images taken by a webcam, a combo to select another location "Kies
> een camera" and a refresh "Verversen" for an update.
> Now the iframe starts with '/content/ht_ml_blok/empty.htm' but
> depending how an user got there or the location combo, it's replaced
> by a jpg from javascript:
>   window.frames['iframeCamera'].location=
> 'http://212.45.53.87:8090/xx.jpg' at first this works of course. But
> what happens is that this will replace the iframe with a KHTMLImage
> kpart. So every next attempt to update will fail.
> Seems a pretty fundamental error here to me. Actually I get only
> think of keeping a KHTMLPart for iframes with one 100%x100% child
> part, to solve this one.

Yeah, check the bug:84332. We become way too trigger happy on any kind
of hiding of the iframe and destroy the khtmlview/part on even setting
the display:none of it.
I'm also not sure what would be the best way to solve it. If KDE 3.3
would get awfully close we could always just bump the reference count
of the renderwidget in htmliframeelementimpl so that for as long as an
element is an iframe we just hide it and never delete the
khtmlview/khtmlpart combo for it.
Dirk, any ideas?

Zack

--
There is only 10 types of people in the world: