[patch] navigating with side buttons through konqueror history

Nicolas Bellm nbellm at gmx.de
Thu Jul 22 19:23:01 BST 2004

Am Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2004 19:55 schrieb David Faure:
> On Thursday 22 July 2004 19:25, Nicolas Bellm wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I think now my patch is on the right mailing list:
> > This patch enables to navigate with the side buttons of a mouse with five
> > buttons through the konqueror history. I've read very often that this
> > feature is wanted. At most cases these people use imwheel, but I didn't
> > want to use it. So I made a patch which directly enables this function in
> > the konqueror. In this patch I used the QWheel event which reacts to the
> > side buttons.
>
> One thing that looks wrong is that the patch enables the feature by
> default. I think the two readConfig() should have 'false' as default value.
> By default the horizontal mousewheel (for people having one) scrolls khtml
> horizontally, so this would break it for them.
>
> Other than that, the patch looks ok - but KDE is feature-frozen now for
> 3.3, so this looks like something for after 3.3 is out. Can you repost the
> patch at that time (that is, around August 23 :), so that we don't forget?
> Thanks.
Ok, I will fix my patch so that this option is deactivated by default. I made
this option by default true, because I couldn't image why somebody wants to
scroll horizontally. But I think thats another problem.
I already posted this patch a few day before the feature freeze (11.7) almost
unchanged, but on the wrong mailing list. It's a pity about waiting so long
although I posted my patch before the feature freeze. But I think KDE worked
so long without this patch. It will survive one month without my patch.

Nicolas Bellm