[Patch] Re: Strange khtml css layout problem

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Wed Jul 14 02:48:52 BST 2004

Le Mardi 13 Juillet 2004 20:53, Yves Glodt a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with a simple html-layout that is realized through
> css. I attached a testcase.

mmh, I know where this comes from. For float positionning, we are currently
considering the bottom margin of just the previous block children, and that's
not enough because there can be anonymous empty blocks in-between (a.k.a
"self-collapsing" blocks) or overhanging ones from a more distant point in
the tree.
So we should use the bottom margin tracking variables in this case,
as WebCore does.

Patch attached.
Also fixes:

css1/test5525.htm
css1/test5525c.htm
meyerweb.com/css2-tests/sec10-03-05.htm
meyerweb.com/css2-tests/sec10-03-06.htm
meyerweb.com/css2-tests/sec10-06-03.htm
webcore/fast/block/float/012.html

Could you open a bug report for this on bugs.kde.org, and attach (not paste)
your testcase? Then we'll have a reference for inclusion in the regression
suite.

Germain