[Patch] Fix keyboard navigation (tabbing out of a textarea)

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Tue Jul 13 14:13:49 BST 2004

On Monday 12 July 2004 11:02, bj at altern.org wrote:
> Currently, if you navigate with the keyboard using tab, navigation is
> severly blocked if you enter a textarea (you can't get out of it).
>
> My patch implements an idea of Waldo Bastian:
> By default, tab will get you out of the widget.
> A new context menu entry is added to textareas: allow tabulations.
>
> If you toggle the "allow tabulations" feature, pressing tab in the textarea
> will insert a tabulation.
>
> This patch fixes #58247. Is it ok for you ?

Much better. A couple of things:

- You cannot add i18n strings anymore as we are already in a freeze so that
part of your change has to wait until after the 3.3 release.

- In ::keyPressEvent, why do you resend the TAB keypress event. You can simply
do

    if ( !d->allowTabulations && e->key() == Key_Tab)
    {
	e->ignore();
	return;
    }