konqueror preloading issue

Dr. Juergen Pfennig info at j-pfennig.de
Fri Jul 2 22:33:24 BST 2004

On Friday 02 July 2004 09:01, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> You don't want a FTP connection closed too soon. You might want to continue
> browsing or open the URL in another application.

That's maybe a problem: when a kio_slave changes to a directory it also can
lock a mounted volume. In the case of the ftp slave the behaviour can become
quite odd as you will eventually open at least two ftp slaves if you download
something. As a result deleting a folder can become a problem (one slave may
still have it as it's current working dir).

It was not clear to me how to repair that in kio_ftp. A slave could try to
change back to the initial directory - but that wouldn't help always. Other
slaves could have a similar problem.

So it's not necessarily DNOTIFY that lock a volume?

Jürgen