konqueror preloading issue

Roger Larsson roger.larsson at norran.net
Thu Jul 1 19:11:12 BST 2004

On Thursday 01 July 2004 17.47, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Tue June 29 2004 14:20, Dr. Juergen Pfennig wrote:
> > On Tuesday 29 June 2004 10:17, Roger Larsson wrote:
> > > Opening "about: blank" when closing?
> >
> > Wow! I used to do this in HTML-dialog enabled applications under Windows
> > years ago! So basically you are right, it works fine with Internet
> > Explorer.
> >
> > But I guess that for Konqueror some kio_file slaves stay monitoring
> > directories for changes (which is my concern with automount etc.).
>
> In general io-slaves will be freed after 3 minutes of inactivity.
> See Scheduler::slotCleanIdleSlaves() in kdelibs/kio/kio/scheduler.cpp

Freed after 3 minutes? What about io-slaves that are not actively in use?
i.e. have no client(?) interested in that location. OK problem when moving
back/forward between a CD and FTP server...

Unmounting a CD could be done using a broadcast to
politely request that all that can should close references. Use D-BUS/DCOP?
Those who can not could put up a user message (like konsole...)

/RogerL

--
Roger Larsson
SkellefteƄ