History saving bug since 3.1.3

John Bradford john at grabjohn.com
Wed Jan 28 16:37:58 GMT 2004

Hi,

Changes to libkonq/konq_historymgr.cc between 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 seem to
have broken the handling of the browser history.  This bug is still
present in 3.1.5.

These changes appear to relate to the following changelog entry:

"Efficiency fix: make sure only one konqueror instance saves the
history when it changes"

To reproduce:

* Make sure something is in the history - E.G. visit http://kde.org
* Open the navigation panel, and the history sidebar.
* Observe that the entry for kde.org is there.
* Go in to the settings menu, configure Konqueror, history sidebar, and
  click on clear history, and then OK.
* Note that the history sidebar is cleared.
* Exit Konqueror
* Reload Konqueror
* Observe that the old history reappears, I.E. the empty history was
  not saved.

Notes:

* If a site is visited between clearing the history, and exiting
Konqueror, everything works as expected, I.E. just the sites visited
from then on are saved.

* If the history is cleared via the context menu of the sidebar, the
bug does not occur, (in any version that I have tested), you _have_ to
go through the history configuration interface.

Cheers,

John.