KDE_3_2_BRANCH: kdelibs/khtml [POSSIBLY UNSAFE]

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Mon Jan 26 17:44:11 GMT 2004

Le Lundi 26 Janvier 2004 16:06, Dirk Mueller a écrit :
> On Monday 26 January 2004 15:14, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > > It looks like the view is missing a final repaint now though?
> > > notably: widgets are leaving spurious traces of earlier layouts
> >
> > Yes, I've noticed that as well, but its specific to widgets that get the
> > repaint hack applied. I've stared it at for hours but couldn't find out
> > where this bug comes from, its rather weird.
>
> Ok, found one reason. point is that we delay widget resizes for ugly
> reasons (deletion races), so now with the improved repaint behavior it
> could happen that we repaint before the widget resize was finished.
>
> Below is a patch that fixes this issue in a brute force way. however,
> <textarea>'s are still entirely broken in repaint.
>
> *sigh*. It looks like the widget doesn't get all the events it wants to
> have.. (any idea why RenderWidget::event() filters them out?).

Hi, I'm sorry I couldn't answer before (I fall asleep after a long long night
:-)
Your patch doesn't seem to do it for me. I really don't understand why, but it
doesn't display widgets at all.
What would you think about the attached turnaround?
Seems to work fine here, and also for textareas

Germain