discussing #67527, with possible solution - [test case] body padding-top set to 0 causes margin-top of next element to be ignored

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Wed Jan 21 12:43:14 GMT 2004

Le Mercredi 21 Janvier 2004 09:05, Stephan Kulow a écrit :

> major is below grave in our definition :)

I just discovered semantic is more striking for me than a big, almost to the
point of bad taste orange banner :)

> And yes, if you've got a patch, I'm glad to help you testing to get it into
> 3.2

the revert of those two lines is the patch, as far as I'm concerned.
The final collapsed height for the top margin isn't held anywhere else than in
maxTopMargin and it's associated member variables (m_maxTop*), so IMO
there's no easy non-recursive turnaround for:
                    if (posTop > m_maxTopPosMargin)
                        m_maxTopPosMargin = posTop;
a bit below.