[patch] broken keyboard handling in forms (#66296)(grave)

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Sun Jan 18 18:07:13 GMT 2004

Le Dimanche 18 Janvier 2004 12:43, Leo Savernik a écrit :
> Am Sonntag, 18. Januar 2004 10:50 schrieb Germain Garand:
> [...]
>
> > Why it needs to force such an important property, on which it is not
> > supposed to have a say - and that only when it is actually _disabled_, is
> > beyond my understanding...
>
> This is necessary for contenteditable to work. Can you please give me a
> testcase/instructions on how to reproduce breakage?

This particular bug has no less than 9 dups in the database, so it's described
nicely already :-)
The most common instance: just type something in any form's lineedit, click
anywhere else on the page (text node, empty space...), select what you just
typed => keyboard input is lost, you can't replace the selection.

What happens is the caret node doesn't elect the widget as a sensible target
for the Caret... so it keeps pulling the node you selected before back into
focusNode

> I prefer fixing it
> instead of removing.

what I dislike is it builds a disguised alternate accessor to focusNode right
in khtmlview. Don't you think it really ought to belong to the Document
interface?
It would be less likely that several unrelated places compete for focusNode
ownership, as is the case now.

This was hard to track.

Greetings,
Germain