[patch] #69613: Continuous repaint/flashing scroll bars with bugzilla page (major)

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Mon Jan 12 09:26:12 GMT 2004

Le Lundi 12 Janvier 2004 07:08, Dirk Mueller a écrit :
> On Monday 12 January 2004 04:33, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > I'll give it a test.

thanks :-)

> try the url in 72456. I have always-visible scrollbars now, while they
> should actually be hidden, since the table is adjusting to 100%

mmh, not sure... that looks rather like a bug in the 100% horizontal
adjustment or in the page:
only the horizontal bar is really sticky, and if you slowly resize while the
vertical bar does not appear, you see that the content still does not fit the
window. So it's not the vertical bar that makes the content outfit
horizontally.
True that the content shudders 2 or 3 times whenever the vertical bar appears
though.

Now, Konqueror 3.1 renders the same (sticky horizontal).
And yes, so does Mozilla 1.5...
Only Opera 7 doesn't show an horizontal bar.

I wonder if that doesn't stem from the absolute positioning on body:
body  {	width: 100%; left: 0; top: 0; position: absolute; }

This html is hopeless.