[patch] padding/border/margin issues on inlines [#68394]

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Sat Jan 10 15:32:51 GMT 2004

Le Samedi 10 Janvier 2004 12:35, Leo Savernik a écrit :
> Am Samstag, 10. Januar 2004 07:39 schrieb Germain Garand:
> > +    if( begin )
> > +        width -= p->paddingLeft() + p->borderLeft();
> > +
> > +    if ( end )
> > +        width -= p->paddingRight() + p->borderRight();
> > +
>
> Have you ensured that this change doesn't cause a regression of bug 50683?

yes, of course I did, through our mighty test_regression framework
that features a convenient RESOLVED-50683... and...
...mmh, too bad the testcase is only meaningful on mouse hover and is thus
pretty useless in its current form :-}
Grrr, but it does not work indeed, whereas Marc Mutz's testcase is fine.

Then again, the meaning of the begin/end bools is not reflecting the original
criteria when we added padding/border in the first place, so that's not too
surprising... we end up always substracting what was not necessarily added.

Updated patch attached,

test_regression is still happy for me but I don't have exactly the same
results has Stephan: css1/55{11,12,13,14,15,17,19,21,22}b, same as with the
previous patch.

Germain