[patch] css parser, floats

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Sat Feb 28 18:23:37 GMT 2004

On Saturday 28 February 2004 17:54, Germain Garand wrote:

> so indeed, if floatBottom() is > m_height, it means a fresh float has just
> been inserted from the previous child, hence that remaining childs need to
> relayout...

Thats correct, but we have a

        // make sure we relayout children if we need it.
        if ( relayoutChildren || floatBottom() > m_y ||
             (child->isReplaced() && (child->style()->width().isPercent() ||
child->style()->height().isPercent())))
            child->setLayouted( false );

at the beginning. However, floatBottom() > m_y isn't triggered.. hmm. Changing
it to floatBottom() > m_height seems to fix your testcase too.

On the other side, there is no reason for invalidating the layout of the child
when it isPositioned(). Your patch seems safer, but we might want to try
removing the floatBottom() test here in HEAD to see if there is any case
where it is still needed.

Please go ahead.

Dirk