P3P in KHTML

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Feb 19 17:20:44 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 04:05, Brad Hards wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 04:19 am, Rigo Wenning wrote:
> > So I look for somebody knowing the code of KHTML sufficiently well to
> > help with the integration (and perhaps enhancements) of Privacy Bird
> > code.
>
> FWIW, we have some P3P code in kdenonbeta, see:
> http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdenonbeta/kp3p/

   That code was what I consider a false start, basically.  There were some
deep misunderstandings about P3P that became apparent as it approached
completion.  Perhaps some of it can be reused, but we definitely need other
tools to finish the job.  Anyhow, I just don't have time to work on this
right now, personally.  As much as I would like to, and as important as I
think this is, I have to let someone else work on this.

> I might be a bit out of turn in suggesting this, but if W3C can fund it, I
> am guessing George Staikos would be willing to work on it a bit more :-)

  I don't think the W3C does that. :-)

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/