Home URL in Konqueror

Rob Buis rwlbuis at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 18 19:08:01 GMT 2004

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 07:56:58PM +0100, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 February 2004 19:29, Francois Kritzinger wrote:
> > Forgive me if this has been brought up, but I think it would be a good idea
> > to have separate home URLs for the web browser and the file manager.
> >
> > I.e. when I'm trying to browse my hard disk I want to start in my home
> > directory, not some web page.
>
> That's precisely why there are two entries of Konqueror in the K-Menu
> (Internet->Web Browser and 'Home' right at the bottom of the menu), and in
> kicker as buttons, one starting Konqueror as web browser and one starting it
> as file manager, showing your home directory initially...

I think the request was rather for the behaviour when konq is running. When you are
in file browsing mode, it makes sense to go to your home dir when clicking the Home
icon, yet when surfing you may want to go to your homepage when clicking the Home icon.
That is how I read the initial posting anyway, correct me if I am wrong...
Cheers,

Rob.