[patch] inlines

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Mon Feb 16 17:14:13 GMT 2004

Le Lundi 16 Février 2004 15:02, Dirk Mueller a écrit :
> On Monday 16 February 2004 13:42, Germain Garand wrote:
> > it was removed in WebCore-125, probably because
> > CSS2.1's current draft doesn't mention this limitation anymore, AFAICS.
>
> did you mean CSS 2.1 here or 3.0 ? I can't find it in CSS3 either, but
> maybe I didn't try hard enough.

2.1 as in
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-CSS21-20030915/generate.html

but it was indeed in the previous draft:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-CSS21-20030128/generate.html

and look what I find, hidden in our own source :)

--------
CSSStyleSelector::adjustRenderStyle:
 // FIXME: For now we do not mutate pseudo styles.  This is because we do not
yet support the
 // ability to position and float generated content.  This is per the CSS 2
spec, but it's changing
 // in CSS2.1.  For now, we will just support CSS2.
--------

If that's OK, I attach a patch that fixes both
webcore/fast/css-generated-content/004.html and 008.html
(can't see any new regressions from test_regression).

For 004.html => this is a semantical problem:
Compare p:before { color: inherit; } and p:hover { color: inherit; }
Pseudo-elements inherit from "subject"'s style, whereas pseudo-classes inherit
from the parentStyle of "subject". See attached testcase

Germain