Candidate commit: "white-space: pre"

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Mon Dec 27 18:27:45 GMT 2004

Hi everybody and "glædelig jul"

I've attached my candidate commit patch for CSS "white-space:pre".
All major regressions and problems have been eliminated, and only a few minor
issues remain. So I would ask for your oppion before commiting.

It currently produces 4000 changes in the regression-suite. More than half of
these are pure DOM changes (explicit white-space), and most of the rest are
added RenderText objects for the new white-space. A much smaller number have
real painting changes:
* There are wierd changes (both good, bad and plain odd) in some of the
mozilla dom-tests, it will definitly need investigation.
* There are small position changes for some form and object elements. Such as
mozilla/dom/dom-html/hfor*.html
* Misparsing of some closed list elements:
mozilla/html_401/dir_li_element.html
* Misparsing of corner-case title:
mozilla/htmlparser/title.html

After this have been accepted I will clean my added support for pre-line and
pre-wrap CSS 2.1 values. With that we will surpass Safari in CSS support.

`Allan