"Connection broken" in konqueror

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Wed Dec 22 18:23:29 GMT 2004

If you go to the site

http://www.buongiorno.com/it/fastweb/poliringtones/ultime/ultime1.html?789991639:

and click on one of the items in the left bar, such as "Rock & Pop"

the "Connection to www.buongiorno.it broken" error dialog pops up.

It may actually be a problem on the server side, but mozilla, for example,
never complains. I think it is quite a strange problem, since nothing seems
to be missing from the updated page, actually.

Actually, I was going to add debug statements to the http ioslave, but they
are already there, so the problem is probably somewhere else.

I've seen a great deal of bug reports on similar problems, which have been
closed as 'can't reproduce' or are unconfirmed.

Can someone confirm the problem please?

Thanks,
Luciano

Here is a log of konqueror trying to get the page:

khtml (part): 0x865a008urlSelected: complete
URL:http://www.buongiorno.com/it/fastweb/poliringtones/hippop/hippop1.html?353029739:
target=
khtml (part):  was still parsing... calling end
khtml (part): saveState this=0x865a008 '' saving URL
http://www.buongiorno.com/it/fastweb/poliringtones/hippop/hippop1.html?353029739:
khtml (part): KHTMLPart(0x865a008)::openURL
http://www.buongiorno.com/it/fastweb/poliringtones/hippop/hippop1.html?353029739:
kdecore (KAccel): KAccelPrivate::setEnabled( "stop", true ): this =
0x842ead0
kdecore (KAccel): KAccelPrivate::setEnabled( "stop", true ): this =
0x85d2cb8
khtml (part): saveState this=0x865a008 '' saving URL
http://www.buongiorno.com/it/fastweb/poliringtones/hippop/hippop1.html?353029739:
kdecore (KAction): KAction::updateItems( 0, lst )
khtml (html):  using compatibility parseMode
kio (KIOJob): error 24 www.buongiorno.com
khtml (part): saveState this=0x865a008 '' saving URL
http://www.buongiorno.com/it/fastweb/poliringtones/hippop/hippop1.html?353029739:
kdecore (KAccel): KAccelPrivate::setEnabled( "stop", false ): this =
0x842ead0
kdecore (KAccel): KAccelPrivate::setEnabled( "stop", false ): this =
0x85d2cb8
khtml (part): KHTMLPart::showError d->m_bParsing=true d->m_bComplete=false
d->m_bCleared=false

--
Luciano Montanaro

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a yo-yo
                                                          - Enoch Root