Middle Clicking on Bookmarks - KAction integration

Daniel Teske teske at squorn.de
Wed Dec 22 15:54:24 GMT 2004

> middle clicked bookmarks are always opened in front. Attached patch solves
> this. Are there any regressions making this variable in
> KonqMainWindow::openFilteredURL depend on the setting "NewTabsInFront"? If
> not, could anyone commit it?

I have looked into that problem, the patch as is, is probably an
improvement, but there are a few more problems with openFilteredURL,
which need fixing.

a) It isn't called for right clicking on bookmarks entries
calls (after a few hops):
either KonqMainWindow::slotPopupNewTab()
or KonqMainWindow::slotPopupNewWindow()

(KonqMainWindow::slotFillContextMenu() inserts them into the context
menu.)

slotPopupNewTab will read the configuration entry and takes the state()
of the shift button and calls indirectly openURL.
Which means it won't correctly open filterd URLs.

slotPopupNewWindow()
calls KonqMisc::createNewWindow() which calls
createBrowserWindowFromProfile(), which doesn't correctly open filtered
URLS.

b) Handling of Shift.
open bookmark in a new tab respects the user's configuration for
foreground/background opening, and if Shift is pressed reverses that
flag.
openFilteredURL (or kbookmarkbar/menu) should do that too.
Implementing it in kbookmarkbar/menu seems more natural, which would
require a additional parameter for openFilteredURL. (And obviously
extending the signal KBookmarkBar/menu emits.

daniel