File Manager -> Menu -> View -> Set Encoding

Otto Pattara ott-list at thaigate.nii.ac.jp
Sun Dec 19 13:51:16 GMT 2004

On Sunday 19 December 2004 19:17, David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 19 December 2004 07:22, Otto Pattara wrote:

> > > No, you must change your locale. Using an UTF-8 locale will get
> > > your filenames in UTF-8 as well.
> >
> > I tried:
> > -open a konsole
> > -export LANG=th_TH.UTF-8
>
> After that, you need to type "kdeinit" in that konsole.
> The directory listing in Konqueror is done by the kio_file process,
> started by kdeinit, and that one won't have the modified
> environment if you don't restart it.

Thank you very much. It works (creating a utf-8 filename)!

"export LANG=th_TH.tis-620; kdeinit" also works for the 8bit tis-620
filename case.

So it all depends on the locale. It would be nice to let it depend on
something else (setting in menu) so we don't need to change the LANG
and re-kde-init everytime we want to browse files with
another-encoding filenames.

Anyway, thanks everybody...

Cheers,
Otto