File Manager -> Menu -> View -> Set Encoding

Otto Pattara ott-list at thaigate.nii.ac.jp
Sun Dec 19 06:22:05 GMT 2004

On Friday 17 December 2004 19:17, you wrote:

> >I see. Anyway do you foresee any chance of supporting this in the
> >future? Or otherwise how about setting the default encoding to
> > utf-8 (I guess the current one is iso8859-1)?
>
> No, you must change your locale. Using an UTF-8 locale will get
> your filenames in UTF-8 as well.

I tried:
-open a konsole
-export LANG=th_TH.UTF-8
-I tested with date, cal, the output seems UTF-8 for me, good
-konqueror /tmp &
-create a new file with Thai file name, it appears as "???"

I tried again with fish (instead of local file access), same result.

Could you please enlighten me how to create a file with UTF-8
filename?

Cheers,
Ott