konquerer application icon - stopping it from being an 'imposter'

David Lee hawling at singnet.com.sg
Fri Dec 17 09:29:57 GMT 2004

hi all,

when using konquerer as a file manager, konquerer's application icon
changes to the application's icon u lauched. for example, my default
konquerer application icon is a blue folder icon, upon clicking a pdf
file in konquerer, konquerer's application icon changes into acrobat
reader icon.

this is very frustrating because, now i have 2 pdf icons on my taskbar.
one is acroread and the other is konquerer - the 'imposter'. this
prevents me from identifying konquerer in the taskbar quickly.

is there a way to remove this 'imposter' feature? other than turning off
"show application icon" completely from the control center (which will
make matter worst)?

sorry for using the word 'imposter', can't think of a nicer word...

thanks!

david