Fwd: Re: Dumping a mySQL database in a text file.

Jayhel Guislain jayhel at sperry.ath.cx
Thu Dec 16 01:31:48 GMT 2004

Subject: Re: Dumping a mySQL database in a text file.
Date: Wednesday December 15 2004 13:48
From: Michael Brade <brade at kde.org>
To: Jayhel Guislain <jayhel at sperry.ath.cx>

Hi Jayhel!

> I go to "export" in phpmyadmin and ask to dump that database complete with
> the tables to a text file.

Ah! Now I understood it. phpmyadmin is some kind of webpage where you can
 save the database, right?

> If I do the same operation with Mozilla, Mozilla dumps the database in a
> text file and this is a success.
> So why does it work with Mozilla and not with Konqueror?

I don't know, most probably a bug in the mimetype handling or khtml.

> I would like to contribute to improve that nice interface called KDE,
> that's why I bring this to your attention.

Ok, excellent! But I don't know the solution because I didn't work on the
 code in that area. So please send this report to kfm-devel at kde.org, there
 are all of the Konqueror and khtml developers listening.

Cheers,
--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science

  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

  °--web: http://www.kde.org/people/michaelb.html

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience