KHTML-Patch - show frame around not-yet-loaded images

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Wed Dec 15 00:59:18 GMT 2004

Le Mardi 14 Décembre 2004 20:14, Helge Deller a écrit :

> Attached is now a (second version of my) patch which exactly adds this
> functionality, and it can be turned on or off in the KDE Control Center
> module "Web Behaviour". In the patch the default setting for this feature
> is currently "disabled", although I would like to turn it on by default
> depending on your feedback.

Hi,
I'll let usability experts comment on the settings part... :-)

As for the frame itself, I've tested your previous patch in my tree for a
while and find it overall very sexy and useful, *provided* the frame isn't
dashed but solid.

With a dashed frame, pages with complex image layouts tend to produce very
unpleasant moiré effects.
Plus, the similarity with outline makes the rendering confusing, IMO.

So I'd definetly recommend:
-         outlineBox(paintInfo.p, _tx, _ty, "gray");
+        paintInfo.p->setPen(QPen(Qt::gray, 1));
+        paintInfo.p->setBrush( Qt::NoBrush );
+        paintInfo.p->drawRect(_tx, _ty, m_width, m_height);

Otherwise, I'd even like this by default :-)

Greeting,
Germain