[patch] konqi using searchline

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Sun Dec 12 18:51:08 GMT 2004

Dnia niedziela, 12 grudnia 2004 17:53, Datschge napisaƂ:
> On Sunday 12 December 2004 08:34, Martin Koller wrote:
> > You can search for text in any column already.
>
> Great. =)
>
> > I think the toolbar is not the best place for it, as it holds a
> > filter per view.
>
> Well, that's also the case with the location field and really
> everything view specific in the toolbar. So far everything was still
> put into that one place (the toolbar) and just changed/updated upon
> which view has the focus. Your approach putting it into each single
> view goes against this widespread approach. If for better or worse I
> don't know, it just isn't consistent. ;)

Konqi has major problems with toolbars which can greatly reduce
usefulness of this widget.

What about more complicated rules when this input field should be
visible?

For example:
- in situations when in folder is more files/folders than can be
  displayed in Konqi window (scrollbars are visible)
- in all list views

m.
Vim Universal Templates
CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net