[patch] konqi using searchline

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Dec 11 23:18:11 GMT 2004

On Saturday 11 December 2004 20:55, Martin Koller wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> since KDE 3.3 the searchLine widget, allowing one to easily filter a view for
> a pattern, has become rather ubiquitous.
>
> One place where I think it is very helpful, is konqueror (as file manager).
> The attached patch implements this.
>
> See also the attached screenshot.

Hmm, this adds even more GUI elements - the result is a quite crowded GUI...
I love the searchline in kmail because you often search for something among 3000
items... but in konqueror the average number of items in a directory is lower
than that, hopefully :)

I'm not sure what to decide - at least if it goes in it should be hidden by default;
think of the number of people typing a URL into the wrong lineedit....