Writing plugins for konqueror

Richard Taylor r.taylor at eris.qinetiq.com
Tue Dec 7 15:27:42 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 07 December 2004 15:26, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 December 2004 14:34, Richard Taylor wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Before I embark on reading the source code...
> >
> > I want to write a pluging to konqueror that will generate dashboard clue
> > packets.
> >
> > The plugin needs to be notified when a new web page is loaded, grab the
> > contents of the page, build an XML document fragement and send the XML to
> > local socket.
>
> Ah, I just answered on kde-devel...

Sorry for the cross post. I posted it on kde-devel first and then found this
list and thought it was more relevant here.

> The plugin knows the parent KHTMLPart. So you can simply connect to
> its completed(), completed(bool) signals, to be notified when a web page
> was loaded -- you probably want started(...) too. Those signals are
> defined in KParts::ReadOnlyPart btw.

OK, that is the starting point I needed.

> Then you can grab the contents of the page (maybe using the DOM tree
> is the best way? - see document() in KHTMLPart) and do whatever you want
> with it :-)

Is there anyway to know what part of the page is currently within the window?
It would be really nice to just be able to grab the text that the user can
currently see.

Regards

Richard

--
QinetiQ
B009 Woodward Building
Jabber: RichardTaylor at jabber.org
PGPKey: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA7DA9FD9
Key fingerprint = D051 A121 E7C3 485F 3C0E  1593 ED9E D868 A7DA 9FD9