Writing plugins for konqueror

Richard Taylor r.taylor at eris.qinetiq.com
Tue Dec 7 13:34:33 GMT 2004

Hi

Before I embark on reading the source code...

I want to write a pluging to konqueror that will generate dashboard clue
packets.

The plugin needs to be notified when a new web page is loaded, grab the
contents of the page, build an XML document fragement and send the XML to a
local socket.

I know how to do all the XML and socket stuff but I was wondering if anyone
can give me some directions on how to plugin to konqueror.

I started with the intention of copying an existing plugin but the existing
konqueror plugins are either meant for displaying new file types or require
the user to explicitly choose a menu option (e.g. speech plugin). I need
automatic notification of a web page display event.

Regards

Richard

--
QinetiQ
B009 Woodward Building
Jabber: RichardTaylor at jabber.org
PGPKey: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA7DA9FD9
Key fingerprint = D051 A121 E7C3 485F 3C0E  1593 ED9E D868 A7DA 9FD9